I suggest you:

Add custom backgrounds

I want to floss my station with bling. Please add a way to upload a background image and maybe change some colors.

766 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Adminblip.fm (Admin, Blip.fm) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DJKaroline commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think the page should be 100% customizable - but maybe provide different preset layouts like colours and themes. No personal backgrounds and photos though - that does become too much.

• tyler_smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the worst possible thing blip could allow would be to let users make blip look and act like myspace. absolute headache. annoying moving avatars and moving backgrounds would be too much.

• xtcdukes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Isn't it enough that your individuality is coming through in what you blip? Seems to me a musical thumb print speaks much louder than some silly background. Oh well if its planned at least give users set choices of themes ala Gmail. Do we need another site bogged down with horrible gif files just tossed onto a page in a haphazard manner? I can see DJs being singled out negatively on other's pages.

• bryan.viper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

as a designer, i really feel we need some customization, even if you choose to limit it. Part of the beauty of the net as opposed to traditional radio is the implementation of visuals. More than appreciating music, we all appreciate art.

• brownstudies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HELL NO. Too many sites let people do this, it just ruins the uniformity and style of the site. I'd be all for basic changes of background colours, but no customized images, please! You'd think we'd learned enough from myspace...

Feedback and Knowledge Base