I suggest you:

let us report low quality or incorrectly labeled mp3s

i'f rather not suggest low quality mp3s, or be aware if i'm about to blip something that might otherwise be of dubious quality. It would be nice to 'report' an mp3.

2,350 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

47 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • roy wattsroy watts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm of two minds about this. On the one hand sifting through sometimes hundreds of cover versions is annoying but I've found some real gems that I would never have stumbled across otherwise. I think it depends on your view of what Blip.fm is about. For me, personally, it's an outstanding music discovery site.

• LupeLupe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, Indeed it will make a big different if allow us to give you feed back of the links, many times I had try up to 3 times the same song, because it was so bad, hard to understand or bad quality.

• Thiago DinizThiago Diniz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This sounds great, sometimes I want so much to blip a song and it's all unavaiable :'(
        What sounds worse, it's when you're trying to blip the song, it's a video and it's cover... sorry musicians, I appreciate your job, but I really like to listen to the original sound!

• amandaamanda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You know what's the worst? When you are TRYING to blip a song and all of the songs on the list are COVERS!!!! That is MAD ANNOYING. Please do something about this!

agreed!

• dimitrisdimitris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Apart from the poor quality and the silly homemade covers, incorrect labeling is an issue for me. I am a last.fm user and I really hate when labeling is wrong. I have to manually remove them from my library one by one. I would like to be able to edit the artist & song fields in the way the blister does (a cool adobe air desktop application made for blister).

• Erika with a K!Erika with a K! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You know what's the worst? When you are TRYING to blip a song and all of the songs on the list are COVERS!!!! That is MAD ANNOYING. Please do something about this!

• Michelle WampoleMichelle Wampole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't stand it when I come across a bad link or an incomplete mp3 or video. I'd like to be able to save others that hassle by being able to report a bad mp3 or video link immediately,

• geekbrgeekbr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should very nice have option to filter per category like Video/ Mp3 / Ogg .. blip.fm are very dependent from java, and now flash dependent .. HLML5 should be a very nice chose ..

• G936G936 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MP3s or videos, for that matter. I wish there was a way to easily ID official music videos and tell them apart from all these annoying covers or homemade videos.

• Julian PedrazaJulian Pedraza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Es importante manejar solo versiones completas y de buena calidad.... muchas veces los conciertos, esta en mala calidad!

• Kristina PowerKristina Power commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think we should defintiely be able to report when there are songs that don't work right, or are only clips, etc.

• geekbrgeekbr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate the youtube videos. we can have a way to filter just sources with mp3, or youtube

• jolly orange giantjolly orange giant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is long over due. I've grown impatient of sifting through all of my favorite Nickelback jams just to be denied every time I click "Photograph" (the greatest song ever). Nickelback is the greatest b/c Chad Kroeger has the best voice ever! Thier Lyrics are sooo intelligent: example from Photograph (the best ever) "Look at this photograph
        Everytime I do it makes me laugh, How did our eyes get so red And what the hell is on Joey's head." How do they think up that stuff!?!? And the fact that wear jeans that I can't afford but sing about the life of "every man" really make me feel connected to them! thanks Nickelback for being lame...oops I mean great.

-Chill_mixer_Sly

• Meredith M. LobbMeredith M. Lobb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ArtemisiAbsenta here, i would love to be able to report bad links, bad quality, and cropped songs. it will help eliminate multiple listings for same songs and will ensure that the blip will be enjoyable for all users.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base