I suggest you:

don't ask me my fav artists, pull it out of last.fm

why do i have to tell you what my favorite artists are? it changes all the times, so just pull my most popular songs and artists out of last.fm.

To me that's a no brainer, i'm not going to use this thing if i'm starting out from scratch and have to do everything manually.

514 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    closetgeekshowclosetgeekshow shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ocurroocurro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

..or from ilike.com (it's an awesome site you can put on your facebook profile)

• dwgharrisdwgharris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shame the ones labelled "full tracks" but are only streamable can't also be ported across somehow

• Ian ARIan AR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@dwgharris Yep, the tracks Last.FM labels 'free download' can be blipped.

• dwgharrisdwgharris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just out of curiousity, are music files hosted on LastFM available to blip? If not, would it be possible?

• Ian ARIan AR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Artists? I don't want to be matched with others on the basis of artists, instead on the basis of _music_ (i.e. tracks).

• daretoeatapeachdaretoeatapeach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There shouldn't be any such thing as "autoblips." You don't feed tracks into Blip to create playlists. The site isn't about that. Having songs chosen by computer rather than people would create a lot of clutter. I like that every song that's played for me was chosen by someone, somewhere.

• dankeldsendankeldsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should "loved" tracks in last.fm become auto-blips in blip.fm? Either just at setup, or fed overtime, live.

• terristerris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature confuses new users about how the site is used. Speaking from personal experience. blip.fm is not last.fm.

• terristerris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure you have to pull it out, but it is simply too much in your face at sign up time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base