I suggest you:

advanced search

Although the "better search" idea is listed as having been completed, I'm still inundated with completely irrelevant results every single time I search. I would like to be able to specify whether I'm searching for an "artist" or for a "song title", and whether I'm searching for "any", "all", or an "exact match" of the search terms

285 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    autofyrstoautofyrsto shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Moncler  GudMoncler Gud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GHD straighteners are amazing hair straighteners.People have really began to take note of the latest fashion accessory since they blasted into the market.GHD straighteners are safe to use anytime.With GHD hair,you can create celebrity's hairstyle,too.You can make you hair as you want to have.All of GHD products are exported under very strict quality control, We are taking technology, quality and services as the business principle.We provide quality all kinds of hair straighteners at an incredible price, you can save more and we provide fast shipping! Show off your girl with the GHD IV styler! She will love it very much.

• Moncler  GudMoncler Gud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GHD straighteners are amazing hair straighteners.People have really began to take note of the latest fashion accessory since they blasted into the market.GHD straighteners are safe to use anytime.With GHD hair,you can create celebrity's hairstyle,too.You can make you hair as you want to have.All of GHD products are exported under very strict quality control, We are taking technology, quality and services as the business principle.We provide quality all kinds of hair straighteners at an incredible price, you can save more and we provide fast shipping! Show off your girl with the GHD IV styler! She will love it very much.

• daretoeatapeachdaretoeatapeach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I let one of my friends search for a song on my behalf I end up having to take over and do the search for them, using pluses, minuses and quotes to get it just right. That goes against the easy entry into the site that gets people hooked.

• jimandelmanjimandelman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All of my votes are going to this. I spend a lot of time previewing results that should be spent blipping. Maybe this should be a different suggestion: richer search RESULTS, so I know which version I might want to pick.

• Eva SnyderEva Snyder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, PLEASE improve the search. The current search is Awful! It always looks for ANY words matching and I end up with a ton of bad results. As stated above, the search needs improving. Please fix, this is one of a few things that makes me frustrated when I try to use Blip.fm.

• anthony020468anthony020468 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the search must have topic like Dance and pop and all the best music in order of popularity
        like a top40 or top100 or alfibatical by songname or bandname.

• tigretontigreton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

exactly, as it stands the search is just not useful the minute you have more than 8 results..

• DavidDMuirDavidDMuir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, does the database need pruned or is more information available? For example, there are three results listed as "Cowboy Song - Thin Lizzy". Are these three tracks identical? Without listening to them there doesn't seem to be a way to find out.

• DavidDMuirDavidDMuir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The search is very poor. For example, searching for Thin Lizzy produces a list where there are 20ish results before you actually get to something by the band. Putting quotes round the name helps a bit but even still the first track by Lizzy is the fourth on the list. And, if the and name is a single word you are stuffed anyway! :-)

Feedback and Knowledge Base